Thursday 4 April 2013

Questing in Online Gaming = Chasing After Girls

Random Thursday thoughts.

I am actually a semi huge online game person, especially MMORPG aka Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.  No, not those type of BDSM Role play games but rather those like Guild Wars, Ragnarok Online or Left for Dead 2 where there are ready made characters and you may or may not be able to change the appearance of the characters, usually does not have a preset story lines and you could just do whatever you want in the game like hunting monsters or finishing quests to get an item or to level up, or just go online and chat with people from all over the world.  I am also not a self proclaim gamer girl because I am not until that extend and I doubt I will ever be.  I suck at aiming or killing stuff but it's fun to escape the real world sometimes and just become someone with super magical powers in a game and wear ridiculously pretty clothes in game >D

Check this out.  You go from this

Job: Sage Original Image from iROwiki


To this


Job: Professor Original Image: iROwiki


To this!


Job: Sorceror Original Image: iROwiki



Look at how pretty and awesome they look!! I am undeniably a HUGEEEEEE fan of Ragnarok Online ONE and I have been playing non-stop for several years at one point of time in my life and currently on and off, jumping from servers to servers.  Left for Dead 1 & 2 is cool, you could be either the survivors killing off zombies or you could be the zombies trying to kill off survivors! (I convince myself with each passing year that it is aokay to be young at heart! T_T)

Then just the other day, a random thought struck me.  It seems to me like doing quests on MMORPG is somehow similar to the process of chasing after a girl!  Except harder.  Now there's 2 questions on your mind.

First:  What the heck is questing?

Second:  I can't see the any relation whatsoever between questing and courting a girl.

There there.

Well you can think of questing in a game is somewhat similar to 'finishing an assignment' in real life where you have to collect materials, do certain things within a time frame and if you manage to do everything in the exact order, you would have finished the quest.  It's like how one usually collects data then type everything out in their assignment then pass it up to their lecturers within certain time frame and you are considered done!  But just because you finished it (assignment or quest) doesn't mean you will get a full 100% or the item that you want!  That's the annoying part about assignment quest.

Why would one do the quest if it's so troublesome?  Well at times it's a requirement, just as your assignment.  You gotta do it not because you like it but because you have to in order to get to the next level or to pass that frigging paper!  Or at times, there are certain special items that you cannot just buy in-game or you have to purchase them with real money and you don't wish to so you resort to questing.

Questing is usually a pain in the ass as it takes a long time to complete, comes with instructions after instructions and if you miss one instruction, you are screwed up.  At times, there are even hidden instructions that you can only unlock after doing certain steps!

I mean, questing in a game reminds me of the scenario of a guy chasing after a girl!  Takes a long time  to achieve, superbly complicated and if you miss one step or put one toe out of the line, you can kiss the girl bye bye and even if you DO manage to complete the quest courting, your girl might not turn out just the way you thought they would be! They could come with an extra compulsive PMS behaviour every other day except 5 days in the month where they are PMS free, OR so overly attached that she tells you during Easter it is time for your sperm to swim towards her eggs!  Or the golden word:  Friendzoned.

It feels like that towards quest items too.  When you are doing the quest you feel overly excited and perhaps at times you set your expectations way too high and when you fail, you feel superbly dejected or when you succeed, it turns out to be something that you might not like.

Of course not every relationship or quest is like that.  At times after the long hours of grinding and courting and you have finally succeeded, you come to realize that this is the exact thing that you have been looking for like how Taylor Swift pens it "memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favourite song".  There are of course always a happy ending to everything <3

Lol like I said, random thoughts.  Doesn't have to make sense.  Just keeping myself happy <3


Original Image: Here

Reminded me of me.

58 comments:

  1. Hahaha your take on questing vs courting is quite interesting. I guess both requires strategic planning hahaha im not a gamer so I dont really know the lingo. But what an interesting concept!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not very good at shooting games too as I never was able to aim it directly at the enemy. Most of the time I get killed long before the game is over. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol im not good too xD

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I never put gaming elements into courtship before. But this suggestion seems pretty relevant to what I am doing for eLearning now. "Gamification"..lol.. Putting gaming elements into non gaming scenarios. Ladies and gents interested, go check this out.https://class.coursera.org/gamification-002/lecture/index

    (Note: you need to register yourself on Coursera.org and take up the course) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah :D! I never tried this game but love your theory xD
    xo, Lara
    http://laralizard.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok I used to be so addicted to ragnarok characters but whatever lol, anyways, It's rare seeing girls spending hours on video games, they usually go blabbering in tumblr lol
    check out my latest post "I've Got Nothing Left To Lose" on http://reinhardtkenneth.blogspot.com/2013/04/ive-got-nothing-left-to-lose.html and go check out my tumblr on http://www.reinhardtkenneth.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once really wanted to start
    playing Ragnarok, but the downloading
    was a pain, so there ends my adventure...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Great post I just came across
    your blog and I love it! It would
    be amazing if you could visit my blog too.
    We can also follow each other if you like! :)
    kariotakis
    http://kariotakis
    kariotakis/
    kariotakis

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha really cool!

    xxx Zari
    http://le-style-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOD GIRL YOU ARE SO FUNNY!

    that pic of Penny is just so hilarious, looks like me when I'm up late blogging, hahahahahaha! with popcorn and crisps packets everywhere....hahahahaah! I am a total die-hard gamer girl, it's how I survived growing up around no one but boys! that game looks really cool, have you ever played Fable? It's my favourite! xoxoxo

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still remember watching that scene of TBBT, super funny.
    Ragnarok Online 1 is one of the best games ever for me too, I played it countless of hours over the years and I met some really awesome people on it.

    As to your view on questing = courting a girl, I've never seen it like that but I suppose it's true if you think about it... with a bit of fantasy :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only game I play is Candy Crush on my Iphone :P

    New post on my blog:
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/2013/04/cecilia-di-foglio.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a huge WoW'er so I understand loving it. I haven't played Guild Wars yet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love such drawings but I'm not huge fan of games :) thank you for the best comment ever <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL i watched that episode of Penny, we love that show!
    YuliConversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, what's your record of playing game non stop?

    I played Maple before for 8 hours non-stop!! hahaha..... It's right after my SPM trial...I was wearing my pinafore and straight shoot till night cause was too stress. Gaming is just another way for me to distress too!♥

    Then, I stop once for meal for another 6 hours.hehe

    Never underestimate girls when they're gaming too!!

    Alisonous✿

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was lovely to read you passion for online gaming, I have to admit I've never played any of these types of games - maybe I'm missing out, as it does look kinda cool!

    http://forcailini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a huge fan of video games too..Left fo dead was my favourite game last year an now playing Resident Evil Operation Racoon City onlie on and on almost everyday :)
    I love killing zombies :D

    www.istanbulianchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am not such a huge fan of these games, but I know they can be very cool! I once knew someone who actually creates some of these games, and I was shown a lot about it! Amazing! The pictures are very beautiful!
    Well, I hope you have a great weekend - with or without games! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I used to play world of warcraft and go on quests... haha yaaa I did felt like Penny in that picture at one point!

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for your comment
    I'm following you back

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAHA I love that episode of the big bang theory! Cute post girl!!

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ehhh, I'm not a huge fan of games... But I like your blog so I'm following you now and waiting for you :)
    http://mademoisellepatrizia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you sweety for all your lovely comments! You are such a sweet person with great writting style!

    http://www.asilosofy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hhahaha :D YOu are the man! :D


    I wish you an amazing week!! :) xx

    Please check out my latest article on

    SearchingforLBD.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi beautiful!! Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate it like always :)
    Btw amazing pictures, this is a good post :)
    Come to see my new post at;
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  27. hahahah is that Penny from the Big Bang Theory? I'm watching it RIGHT Now! Which episode is this??

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well that's an interesting theory, I have never really thought of that before :) I thing gaming can be fun, seems like it's very addicted. I used to addicted to Sims, and they had quests like have a shower, does that count?

    Alyssa
    http://squibtoday.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  29. hello!

    I’m following your blog, on GFC and BLOGLOVIN and FACEBOOK

    Would you like to follow each other?

    I hope you’ll visit my blog too.
    http://lebeatrici.blogspot.it/


    xoxo
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  30. hello dear *_*
    Happy week-end!!! <3
    kisses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What crazy fun wardrobes they design for the characters!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  32. Reminded me of myself either ;) hehe :)

    Take a look at my blog and win a new Chicnova bag ;)

    CHICNOVA GIVEAWAY

    good luck :*

    RUNWAY JUICE

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm not much of a gamer anymore (due to school!!!) but I did use to play a few games. I used to be so good, but boy do they take up a lot of my time!! I think it's really cool that you are into gaming because I don't see much girls who like it!
    Your take on quest vs courting is quite intresting! i like how you compare questing to chasing a girl because it is so true!! You spend all your time and energy into trying to reach a certain goal and in the end, you might not make it to your goal! (which really sucks haha)
    That last picture def. reminds me of me when I watch asian dramas at night! I kinda just sit there and watch and before I know it, it's 3 in the morning and I'm like, "Time to go to bed!" lol Guess who doesn't wake up intill noon the next day?


    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Loved this post..
    And Penny.. or should I say "Queen Penelope.."
    Interesting post..

    http://softwarestostilletoes.blogspot.in

    Namaste..!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello from germany! would you follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin? Wait for you response or follow me and i'll follow you back ♥

    ReplyDelete
  36. hi! I just found your blog and your posts are so much fun!
    I don't really have the time to play online games anymore, but I remember my favorite ones as a kid involved great outfits as well.
    loved your analogy of questing to relationships!
    ♥ vivian | seattleite fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  37. You are my Liebster Award nominee. I hope you participate and have fun.

    http://www.sakuranko.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. You really look like that??:D I've never been too much into gaming, not because I don't think it's cool, but because I'd loose my mind quickly. I have a temper and a short fuse and I hate it when I can't do something.:) But I am a good aimer and shooter in real life, I did surprisingly good when I went shooting, even the instructors were surprised.:)

    P.S.: Congrats on your 100 followers too. Over 100, actually! I'm the 128th.;)

    ReplyDelete
  39. thanks for your comment
    can't wait for your next post

    xo


    Inspirations Have I None

    ReplyDelete
  40. questing... i learn a new word today! lol

    ReplyDelete
  41. I left an award or u Hun :3
    http://laralizard.blogspot.fi/2013/04/verstatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  42. Woohoo I LOVEEEE MMORPG GAMES TOO!! I play games like Guild Wars 2, Diablo, Dragonest, and you know even those more kiddish ones like audition, maplesea, gunbound etc etc hahahaa. But yeah you gotta have lots of perseverance when it comes to either questing or courting girls! :P

    Lots of kisses
    ♡ Jaslin from www.justjaslin.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Haha I really enjoyed reading this! :D
    I've never been an online gamer, but I really love certain RPGs (Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Secret of Mana..... nerd alert, I LOVE it!).
    And it's so true what you say about the costumes of the characters! :)

    And yeees questioning is a pain in the ass but it's exactly this unsureness about how it will turn out in the end that makes the quests so entertaining right?

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great post!

    You want to follow each other in Bloglovin and GFC?

    Best wishes,
    http://vgolove1.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm not interested in such games! But sometimes i do join my brothers! Going through your post, It seems like you really are one of those games lover! I've nominated you for versatile blogger award love! (: Stop by me soon! xx

    With love ❤.
    www.fashionholicsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. interesting! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Than you for your lovely comment! Yours are always so unique and nice!

    http://www.asilosofy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  48. wow. i didnt know still have lots of ppl crazy over online game! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hahahaha is this an intro for lay-persons into MMORPGs?? xD Comparison of assignments to quests! I'd never have thought of that! Though, I'd think quests are a lot funner than assignments (though sometimes I admit it's so long and torturous and you wonder if anyone even bothers to do it... Orz)
    GAH your RO images makes me want to play RO again ;_; Dammit, let's find a server!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love that you're a gamer! That's so cool. I was never good at games but I used to like watching my Sister on the Playstation. Happy Questing!

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  51. When you are doing the quest you feel overly excited and perhaps at times you set your expectations way too high and when you fail, you feel superbly dejected or when you succeedfree online strategy games war.
    space strategy games.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I have a temper and a short fuse and I hate it when I can't do something.:) But I am a good aimer and shooter in real life, I did surprisingly good when I went shooting,real time strategy game.

    ReplyDelete
  53. The earth involving animation offers always fascinated millions of people, therefore there is no question if someone obtains consumed by free online Games as it is filled with full of animated people.

    ReplyDelete
  54. You have a very good blog that the main thing a lot of interesting and useful. matchbox toys india.Great work

    ReplyDelete
  55. I was shown a lot about it! Amazing! The pictures are very beautiful! plz look it.top online strategy games.
    real time strategy game.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I was never good at games but I used to like watching my Sister on the Playstation.space strategy games.
    top online strategy games.

    ReplyDelete